Kale has already established itself as one of the most nutritious super vegetables. But if you still don't know how to prepare it or need more ideas, here are some recipes.
Kale salad and roasted chickpeas
Ingredients(For 6 people)
-For roasted chickpeas: 420 g of boiled chickpeas, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
-For the dressing: 1/2 cup of raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight, 1/4 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/2 tablespoon mustard (if it is from Dijon, better) 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 small garlic clove, 2 teaspoons of capers, 1/2 teaspoon of fine grain sea salt and pepper to taste.
-For the salad: 1/4 cup of raw chestnuts, 1 tablespoon of raw sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, fine-grained sea salt, to taste, 4 cups chopped kale and 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce.
- Soak the chestnuts in the dressing in a bowl of water overnight, or for at least a couple of hours.
- Rinse and drain.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC
- Rinse the chickpeas, drain them and dry them with kitchen paper.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl and add the oil, salt and garlic powder, and mix well so that they are impregnated.
- Place them on a baking tray and toast them for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time so that they brown well. Once golden, let cool.
- Put the ingredients of the dressing in a food processor. Reserve.
- Then crush the raw chestnuts and sesame seeds, olive oil, garlic powder and salt.
- Wash and drain the lettuce and kale, chop them and place them in a bowl.
- Add the dressing, stir and finally add the chestnuts and roasted chickpeas on top.
Quinoa stir fry with kale
Ingredients (4 people)
. 250 gr. quinoa
. by kale
. 6 cloves of garlic
. Fresh or ground chili
. Olive oil
. Vegetables soup
For the quinoa:
- In a pot, put twice the volume of broth than that of the quinoa that we are going to use.
- Bring the broth to a boil
- Wash in a colander under running cold water until foam stops coming out.
- Put it on the fire.
- Once the broth begins to boil add the quinoa and leave it for about 15 minutes until the liquid is consumed.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 more minutes.
For the stir fry:
- In a large frying pan add 4 tablespoons of oil, and put on the fire
- Once the temperature has risen, add the garlic cut into thin slices and let them cook slightly.
- Add the chopped leek, and a few chili strips or a spoon tip if it is ground dry chili.
- Add the kale (washed, dried and julienned) to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes so that it loses some of its hardness but remains crisp.
- Add the quinoa, sauté with all the ingredients.
- Add salt to taste and once plated add a drizzle of olive oil.
Ingredients(4 people )
. 10 Chinese cabbage leaves
. 1 cup of brown rice
. 1 spring onion (green)
. 1 clove garlic, minced
. pine nuts (optional)
. raisins (optional)
. sea salt, black pepper, turmeric
. olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, cook the cabbage leaves with a cup of unsalted water, at medium heat for approximately 5 minutes or until the ribs are tender.
-Drain, let cool and place the open leaves on a plate, ready to fill.
-In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil and sauté the garlic and leek
-Add the pine nuts and raisins, season and add the rice. Mix with a wooden spoon
- With the help of a spoon, assemble the rolls, placing two tablespoons of the rice in the center of the end of the kale leaf, where the rib is widest.
- Fold in the edges of the sheet to wrap the filling so that it does not escape from the ends of the roll.
-Rotate the wrapper with the filling until you reach the end of the sheet.
- Place the rolls on a tray with the end downwards so that it does not turn and is perfectly assembled.
-Sprinkle with black pepper.
-Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and heat the rolls covered in aluminum for 5 minutes so that they do not dry out, for 5 minutes.