Who has not ever been hoarse? Or have you suffered a hoarseness that transformed your angelic voice into that of a cazallero? The aphonia It is one of the most frequent voice problems and that in many cases is due to a lack of care on our part.
It is just when we become hoarse that we realize how much we need her. If it has happened or often happens to you that you lose your voice, in this post you will discover very effective tips on how to recover your voice:
Why does aphonia occur?
Inflammation and / or irritation of thevocal cords, cause these they cannot vibrate in the usual way, causing the voice to distort, or even getting lost in some cases. A partial loss is called dysphonia and when this loss is complete, it is called aphonia. Its most common causes are:
- Overstressing the vocal cords, either by yelling or overusing them.
- Infections in the throat area.
- Allergic reactions.
- Being very exposed to direct cold currents, such as air conditioning.
- Sudden temperature changes
- Injuries to the vocal cords, such as nodules or polyps.
- Gastroesophageal reflux, which usually occurs at night, can irritate the vocal cords.
- Stress, anxiety, or anger, causing the larynx to contract
- Smoky or polluted environments
Some tips to prevent aphonia
- Avoid drinks too cold.
- Do not drink alcohol in excess. Alcoholic beverages dry out and irritate the larynx.
- Not smoke. Tobacco smoke burns tissues and damages walls.
- Do not raise your voice more than necessary.
- Breathe through the nose, especially if it's cold.
- Put on a buff that covers your mouth if it's very cold, so that the air gets warm.
- Avoid places closed and contaminated, if it is not possible to avoid them, use a chinstrap.
- Avoid air conditioners pointing directly at you.
- Avoid overheating. As far as possible humidify also the environment, with containers in the radiators or steam devices.
Tips to recover your voice quickly
Rest the vocal cords
Before curing your voice, the first thing is not to force it more. That your hoarseness has one reason or another, saving you now is essential. Speak less, speak lower ... or better not speak at all until you get better. You won't get your voice back in an hour, so be patient. And beware that whispering makes the strings work in a negative way for aphonia and it will tire your voice too.
Ginger is the best to recover hoarse or irritated voice.It is in our opinion the best of home remedies for aphonia. Its action on the throat chakra is instantaneous and gives you energy, warmth, relaxation and relief. Candied ginger is an easy and pleasant way (if not it stings too much, depending on the brand) and we recommend that you take it organic. You can also take it in infusions, cutting pieces of fresh root or adding powdered ginger to your infusion
The definitive solution to recover your voice and never have problems again
A healthy voice does not get tired, does not get irritated if you don't abuse and better resistant to all external aggressions (change in temperature, virus, air conditioning, ...). If every 2 by 3 you have to recover your voice through speech, vocal fatigue or laryngitis, it is time that you consider a change of background to solve this: who breathes well speaks well and sings well ... and suffers fewer health problems in the throat area.
If you have the desire to learn to sing, or you just want to take better care of your voice, it is very important to learn to breathe well and project your voice correctly, so as not to end up pulling on the throat and vocal cords.
If you breathe short and shallow, you are condemned to pull on the neck to give it a voice and this always ends badly: either with frustration because your voice does not allow you everything you want, or with pain and suffering if it leads to chronic aphonia and prevents you from doing your work in peace and sing.
The principle of vocal rehabilitation is: lor who breathes in type, can vibrate and participate in your voice, both in terms of quality and power. The more you use the diaphragm and the whole body (breathing with the diaphragm is fine now but there is much more to discover), the looser you will be at the vocal level to speak and sing, and the less you will have a hoarse voice or a hoarse voice.