This Danish apple pudding is a traditional dessert. The recipe is easy to make and really delicious for those who like something sweet.
The Danes serve this traditional dessert with great pride after dinner, and they all enjoy together with family and friends.
This Danish apple pudding is a much lighter dessert than it appears to the naked eye and not too sweet, especially if it is prepared with a variety of apple that is slightly tart.
The honey can be replaced by an agave syrup (mead), with a more neutral flavor and some liquor can also be added to the apple sauce if it is not eaten by children.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- Whole wheat bread crumbs (For the crumbs) 85 g
- Brown sugar (For the crumbs) 50 g
- Toasted hazelnuts (For the crumbs) 70 g
- Ground cinnamon to taste (For the crumbs)
- Apple (For the apple puree) 750 g
- Honey, 2 tablespoons (For the apple puree)
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon (For the applesauce)
- Lemon zest (For the apple puree)
- One piece lemon juice (For the apple puree)
- Liquid whipping cream (To garnish) 150 ml
- -This dish will take you 15 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook
- -First we will prepare the crumbs or crumble. For that we put the small chopped bread crumbs and the brown sugar in a pan and cook without stopping stirring for four minutes until we see that the crumbs become toasted.
- -Add 50 grams of the hazelnuts divided into pieces, reserving the rest to decorate, and the cinnamon, cook for another two minutes and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- -To make the apple puree, we put the peeled and diced apple in a pan. –- Then we add the rest of the ingredients, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the apple is soft.
- -Once the fruit is cooked, we make a puree and put it in a bowl. We booked.
- -To prepare the presentation, we put a layer of puree in the bottom of four glasses or bowls, we add a part of the crumbs, we refill with apple and finally another layer of crumbs.
- Then we beat the cream until it forms peaks, and we pour a portion of it on top of each pudding, sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve cold.