How to make soy butter: the recipe to prepare thehomemade soy butter. Useful tips and properties of soy butter.
To cook sweet or savory recipes we don't necessarily have to use butter; There are several vegetable variants that allow us to prepare much lighter dishes as well as suitable for those who have chosen a vegan diet. An excellent alternative to animal derived butter is soy butter, also suitable for those who are lactose intolerant. It is a highly appreciated food in international cuisine both for its versatility in cooking and for its nutritional properties.
The soy butterit can be self-produced very easily. A few simple ingredients are enough to make it at home. In this regard we will illustrate you how to make soy butter at home following our recipe, step by step.
How to make soy butter, the ingredients
Here are the ingredients to prepare a loaf ofhomemade soy butter.
- 500 ml of natural soy milk without added sugar or other
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- 75 grams of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of soybean oil
- 1 teaspoon of soy lecithin
- Kitchen thermometer
- Rectangular tempered glass container
If you prefer, instead of using packaged soy milk, you can also prepare this food at home. Soy milk is very easy to make and can be made by anyone. For the homemade soy milk recipe you will need a cotton cloth to use as a sieve and a blender. The entire procedure and doses can be consulted on the page dedicated toHomemade soy milk.
Preparing thehomemade soy milkyou will be sure to have a product with no added sugars or other flavors.
Homemade soy butter, the recipe
To do thehomemade soy butteryou will need coconut oil, soy lecithin and a cooking thermometer. For the two ingredients we refer you to the following paragraphs while for the kitchen thermometer here is a quick tip.
A kitchen thermometer can be bought with a few euros and is a good investment (for info: where to buy a kitchen thermometer) but if you don't have one and don't even want to buy it, you can stop cooking until they are formed. micro bubbles that anticipate the actual boil. ***
- Pour the soya milk in a saucepan and cook over low heat until it reaches a temperature of 80 °. ***
- Remove from the heat and add the apple cider vinegar. The mixture will begin to "curdle", presenting flakes on the surface.
- Use a colander lined with a cotton cloth to separate the flakes from the whey.
- Rinse the remaining flakes with water to eliminate the pungent taste of the vinegar.
- Once this is done, move the flakes to a container with high edges.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: lecithin dissolved in a spoonful of warm water, coconut oil, soybean oil and the flakes that you have curdled.
- Blend everything until you get a rather full-bodied cream of the consistency of cream.
- Pour the mixture into the rectangular glass container to give life to the classic loaf shape.
- Put in the refrigerator.
- Let it solidify for at least 6 hours.
After this time, your soy butter will be ready to be enjoyed either cold or to be added to any preparation that includes the presence of butter.
Prepare the soy butter it was very simple; this will give you the opportunity to be able to do without the butter conventional which is, among other things, much more caloric. If you don't have time to prepare it at home, you can still use valid plant alternatives such as extra virgin olive oil, avocado pulp or almond cream.
Coconut oil and soy lecithin
Perhaps edible coconut oil is less available than soy lecithin. If you cannot find these products at your trusted supermarket, you can always count on buying and selling online.
On Amazon, a jar of Organic Coconut Oil can be bought for 9.99 euros with free shipping.
Useful link from Amazon: BIO coconut oil
Don't be impressed: coconut oil melts at a temperature of about 26 ° C so in winter it has a solid consistency while in summer it is an opaque liquid.
The same goes for soy lecithin. This product is more widespread in large food supermarkets, however if you cannot find it on the shelves of your trusted market you can also this time resort to buying and selling online.
Useful link from Amazon: Soy Lecithin