Homemade hair conditioner: from avocado to oils, here's how to prepare a natural conditioner that is effective at home for hair health.
Frequent use of hair dryers or straighteners, excessive exposure to the sun, bleaching treatments and much more, can compromise the health of your hair. The worst thing you can do in these cases is ignore the problem.
For those with dry or frizzy hair, they do not necessarily have to resort to specific products on the market, which among other things can be irritating on the scalp. Why not use a do-it-yourself conditioner? It is an economical and effective alternative to prepare at home; very few ingredients are needed, all very cheap and with excellent results for the health and appearance of the hair.
Homemade hair conditioner
On this page we will show you some balm recipes that are very easy to make and that bring many vitamins and nutrients to the hair. Take note!
Avocado and banana balm
What we need
- Half ripe banana
- Half ripe avocado
- Yolk of an egg
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
How to proceed
- Peel the avocado, the banana then take one half and create a dough with the pulp
- Pour the banana pulp into a bowl, add the olive oil and the avocado pulp
- Mix everything until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Add the egg yolk and honey then mix again until a soft consistency is obtained
- Wet the hair and apply the conditioner from the root of the hair, but without touching the scalp
- Spread the mixture along your hair, focusing on the most damaged areas
- Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse with plenty of water. Your hair will be silky and shiny.
What we need
- 1 egg
- 1 plain yogurt
How to proceed
- Pour the egg into a bowl and mix until a homogeneous liquid consistency is obtained
- Add 6 tablespoons of yogurt and mix again
- Apply the mixture by practicing a light massage then cover the hair with a shower cap or with cling film
- Leave the mask on for about 30 minutes then wash off with shampoo and rinse with plenty of water.
Balsamic oils as a hair conditioner
In the previous paragraphs we have shown you a couple of really effective recipes for dry hair. Those who prefer a natural but faster solution, the best alternative is represented by natural oils.
In addition to giving a luminous and silky appearance, these oils penetrate the surface of the scalp and help repair existing damage, preventing other problems. Among the most effective oils we have:
It is an extraordinary conditioner, due to the presence of its fatty acids and vitamin E which facilitate growth and increase the shine of the hair. Just apply the lukewarm avocado oil, leave it to act for 30 minutes and rinse. If desired, you can also leave it on overnight and wash your hair the next day.
Almond oil is an excellent emollient, it acts on the hair much better than other oils. The use of this lukewarm oil on the hair can improve the structure and quality of the hair considerably. Just use a spoonful of warm oil, massage your hair then cover with a cap or cling film. Leave on for 40 minutes then rinse with warm water and preferably natural shampoo. In this regard, we refer you to reading the article "Natural homemade shampoo".
Where to buy almond oil?
For the purchase of almond oil, you can contact shops specializing in the sale of natural products or take advantage of the online sale. A liter of sweet almond oil, 100% pure and produced with cold pressing, is offered on Amazon at a price of € 15.95.
This oil is excellent both in aromatherapy (used as a carrier / carrier oil), and for massages on the body, to moisturize the skin or for the composition of DIY creams. For all the details on the product I point out the official Amazon page: 100% pure Sweet Almond Oil.
You might also be interested in it
Hair loss treatments: what it is
Macassar oil for hair